Sound of Music Summer 2019
About Vienna, Austria
- CITY TOUR in Salzburg and Vienna
- ORIENTATION of Munich, Oberammergau and Innsbruck
- VISIT Neuschwanstein Castle, the alpine resort of Berchtesgaden, Mondsee Church made famous in the film 'The Sound of Music' in Mondsee and the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna
- VIEW Wilten Basilica and the Golden Roof in Innsbruck and Mozart's Birthplace in Salzburg
- SEE Melk Abbey and Wachau Valley
You will visit the following 2 places:
Misunderstood by many, Germany is one of the most unique and charming countries on the continent. Since reunification Germany has at last gained a higher profile as a place to visit, thanks partly to the remarkable resurgence of its capital, Berlin, one of the most fascinating and exciting cities in Europe. It's no surprise at all that today’s Germany is more diverse and cosmopolitan than old stereotypes suggest; mixing time-honoured nationalism and tradition with multicultural modernism and self-confidence.
Austria is a German-speaking federal republic and a landlocked country of over 8.66 million people in Central Europe. It is characterized by its mountain villages, baroque city architecture, Imperial history and rugged alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital, is home to the Schonbrunn and Hofburg palaces, and has counted Mozart, Strauss and Sigmund Freud among its residents. The country’s other notable regions include the northern Bohemian Forest, Lake Traun and eastern hillside vineyards.