FIELDS OF FIRE TOURS, OP HUSKY 2023, AND WESTMOUNT TRAVEL
OPERATION HUSKY 80TH ANNIVERSARY & ITALIAN CAMPAIGN BATTLEFIELD AND
CULTURAL TOUR 22 JULY – 5 AUGUST 2023
The Walk for Remembrance and Peace (WRAP) is a marked walking path 325 km long that follows the path of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division during Operation Husky, the Allied campaign for Sicily, in the summer of 1943.
The path, which will cross battlefields and wind through towns devasted by war in the summer of 1943, is being designed to promote reflection and contemplation on peace.
The WRAP connects 22 towns, from the beaches of Pachino to Adrano, perched on the slopes of Mount Etna where food and lodging are plentiful.
Come and join us in Remembering the price of Freedom and Liberty
- Visit important Canadian battlefields in Sicily and Central Italy
- Visit Sicilian cultural monuments and tour Rome
- Pay tribute to Canada’s war dead of the Italian Campaign
- Visit monuments and Commonwealth War Cemeteries
- Attend the Op Husky ceremonies in Agira
- Canadian War Cemetery
- Participate in the dedication of the Engineer
- Memorial in Leonforte, Sicily
- Led by experienced military personnel and academic historians