Amazing Spain and Portugal (Winter 2018-19)
About Madrid, Spain
Additional Included Highlights
- Madrid: Travel along the Gran Vía and through the Puerta del Sol, seeing the Royal Palace and famous Cibeles Fountain.
- Salamanca: See the building made of golden stone, the arcades of Plaza Mayor and the ancient Puente Romano.
- Scenic Drives: River Tagus, La Mancha, Andalucía, River Tormes, Castile
Top Rated Highlights
- Seville: Your Local Expert guides you through the streets of the Santa Cruz Quarter to the Alcazar. See the Giralda Tower and step inside the cathedral, passing the altarpiece dripping with gold to the Tomb of Columbus, held aloft by four kings.
- Lisbon: Explore with your Local Expert, from the Lower Town, beneath the hilltop Bairro Alto to the Terreiro do Paco. Visit the Belem Quarter to see the Monument to the Discoveries and the ancient Belém Tower.
- Lisbon: Visit Jerónimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fátima : Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions.
- Ávila: Walk within the ancient walls of this unique town.
- Madrid: Explore the old town with your Local Expert.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Spain – one of Europe’s most top travel destinations for its fantastic beaches, islands, UNESCO World Heritage sites, stunning and diverse countryside, buzzing nightlife, delicious cuisine and world-famous fiestas! The country is a friendly, multicultural society dedicated to building curious minds, positive attitudes and creative spirits. With great beaches, fun nightlife, many cultural regions and historic cities, Spain makes a great destination for any kind of trip.
Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside. Its rolling interior is perfect for exploring on foot, by kayak, by bike or even on horseback – though a large part of the country’s charm comes from languorous days on the beach, dining on fabulously fresh seafood and kicking back with a beer to watch the sunset over the Atlantic. It is also a developed country with an advanced economy, a high living standard, being also the 11th most peaceful country in the world.