Country Roads of Umbria and Tuscany (Preview 2019)
About Venice, Italy
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Visit St Peter's Basilica with your Local Expert. See other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Siena: Learn about the Palio horse race while standing in the Campo. See the 14th century Town Hall.
- San Gimignano: Explore the many-towered medieval town with its serpentine streets and hidden squares.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over the city from Piazza Michelangelo
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark’s Square by private launch to see St Mark’s Basilica, the bell tower and clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Orvieto: Meet Etruscan Chef Lorenzo Polegri, who shares his virtuoso cooking skills, followed by a memorable Highlight Lunch with wine.
- Perugia: You are offered a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening. Choose your own ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Mount Subasio: Follow the evolution of the olive, from tree to table, with a tasting at a family-run olive mill.
- San Gimignano: Meet world champion gelato maestro, Sergio Dondoli, and sample silky frozen treats in a range of unique flavours.
- Tuscany: Nestled in the rolling hills surrounding Sam Gimignano and surrounded by its own vineyards, olive groves, saffron crop and orchards, is the homely Il Vecchio Maneggio. Admire the beautiful views as you enjoy a drink before sitting down to your Celebration Dinner - a delicious Farm-to-Table experience, with all the organic produce sourced from the surrounding farm.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP fast-track entrance into the Vatican Museums and appreciate the genius of Michelangelo and his painted ceiling in the Sistine Chapel.
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Learn how Marta and her weavers are preserving the ancient craft of loom-weaving at their artisanal workshop.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Perugia: Located in central Perugia, the elegant Sangallo Palace Hotel is the perfect base from which to explore the surrounding areas. The hotel offers fantastic facilities and features modern rooms with wonderful views over the town.
- San Gimignano: The villasanpaolo is a charming resort situated in one of the most beautiful locations.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vatican City: Enjoy a special private viewing of the Bramante Staircase, normally closed to the public.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's Pietà, and the splendid dome.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Perugia: Join a Local Expert to navigate the underground labyrinth of little streets, alleys and arches. Promenade the wide Corso Vannucci, resplendent in pale pink stone, past the princely Priors' Palace, cathedral and finely sculptured Great Fountain in the main square.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Siena: With your Local Expert explore the cobbles streets of Siena, making your way to the black-and-white striped marble cathedral. Learn about the Palio horse race while standing in Piazza del Campo. See the 14th century Town Hall and its Mangia Tower.
- San Gimignano: Explore the stunning hilltop town with your Travel Director. Navigate the winding streets, hunting out the towers and palaces for which it is so famous.
- Florence: View the city skyline from the sumptuous terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo. Explore the city and its landmarks with your Local Expert - see the domed cathedral, it's adjacent baptistery with its Gates of Paradise, and the open-air gallery of Piazza della Signoria.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.