Country Roads of Italy (Preview 2019)
About Venice, Italy
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Sorrento: See the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. Join in the Italian social ritual of la passeggiata and witness an intarsio demonstration.
- Isle of Capri: There is time to browse the exclusive boutiques and admire the views over the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Orvieto: Visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Assisi: See St Mary of the Angels Church and join your Local Expert to walk through the cobbled streets to St Clare's Church and see the cathedral.
- Perugia: Explore the Old Town and see the Priors' Palace, Collegio del Cambio, the cathedral the Great Fountain and main square.
- Siena: Visit Piazza del Campo and see the Town Hall and its Mangia Tower.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Radda in Chianti: Stay within the walled wine village.
- Florence: Visit Piazza Santa Crocoe, famous for it quality, luxury goods.
- Lucca: See the churches, squares and palaces within the medieval ramparts.
- Maranello: Visit the Ferrari Museum.
- Verona: See the ancient Roman Arena and visit the reputed courtyard of the Capulet home to see Juliet's balcony.
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark's Square by private launch. See St Mark's Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- San Gimignano: Enjoy a tasting with award-winning, master gelato maker, Sergio Dondoli.
- Lucca: At a traditional steam bakery, sample Lucca's famous anise bread, buccellato.
- Modena: Visit a producer of authentic balsamic vinegar to learn about its production, history and distinctive taste.
- Parma: At Ciaolatte Parmesan you will meet, Signoria Afra, a local passionate about Italian food and quality cheese. Witness the cheese-making and ageing process of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Venice: Cruise to the charming fisherman's island of Baveno to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and newfound friends.
- Orvieto: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, explore the art of Italian cooking with Chef Lorenzo and master the art of making fresh pasta by hand. This is followed by a Highlight Dinner served with a glass of Orvieto Classico wine.
- Radda in Chaini: Learn what to look for in a quality vino rosso, and what foods to pair it with when ordering Florentine cuisine.
- Included Quality Dining: 15 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Be among the select few to admire the Bramante Staircase, a dizzying spiral of carved stone.
- Rome: Explore the backstreets of Rome where a passionate Roman will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
- Pompeii Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Perugia: Meet Marta, recipient of a TreadRight Foundation grant. Learn how Marta and her weavers are preserving the ancient craft of loom-weaving at their artisanal workshop.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing as you watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Rome: The elegant 4-star Veneto Palace hotel is located in one of the most elegant parts of the historical centre.
- Lucca: Set in a private park, the 4-star Villa La Principessa is an elegant hotel that offers a relaxed atmosphere.
- Venice: The Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel is located in a magnificently restored 19th century granary on Giudecca Island, only minutes away from St. Mark’s Square by boat. Amenities include a rooftop pool, spa and wellness centre, and five different restaurants and bars. Enjoy excellent views from the roof bar.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter's Basilica to see Michelangelo's Pietà, and the splendid dome.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Sorrento: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Isle of Capri: Explore Capri town with your Local Expert and see the whitewashed houses, winding alleyways, small cafes, fashionable boutiques and artisans studios.
- Isle of Capri: Ride in style back to the port by open-top taxi.
- Positano: Drive along the Amalfi Coast to visit this colourful town that looks as if it is almost tumbling into the sea.
- Orvieto: During your orientation of this Umbrian hilltop town with your Travel Directos, visit Piazza del Duomo to admire the cathedral.
- Assisi: See St. Mary of the Angels Church and join your Local Expert to walk through the cobbled streets to St. Clare’s Church and see the cathedral.
- Assisi: Discover why the Basilica of Saint Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Sienna: With your Local Expert explore the cobbles streets of Siena, making your way to the black and white striped marble cathedral. Visit Piazza del Campo and see the Town Hall and its Mangia Tower.
- San Gimignano: Visit the medieval Manhattan of Italy!
- Florence: Your Local Expert will show you the cathedral, the incredible Gates of Paradise adorning the baptistery, the impressive bell tower and the open-air gallery of Piazza della Signoria. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Lucca: Your orientation with your Travel Director will show you the churches, squares and palaces within the medieval ramparts.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, travelling by train and boat and dedicated time to explore one of the five charming fishing villages.
- Maranello: This is a mecca for car enthusiasts! Visit the Museo Ferrari, dedicated to the famed Italian marque.
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet's balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you are serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.