Country Roads of Scotland (Summer 2019)
About Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Ballindalloch: Visit one of the few remaining inhabited castle's of Scotland and enjoy Farm-to-Table cuisine with Scottish Tea and Scones.
- Wick: Whisky's are known for their distinctive flavours, often bursting with the power and subtlety of the sea. Share a wee dram with a master distiller who imparts the age-old techniques of whisky production.
- Glencoe: Your adventure culminates with a wonderful Celebration Dinner. Enjoy the best Highland hospitality and market-fresh ingredients accompanied by delicious wine or beer.
- Orkney Isles: Across the windswept Orkney Islands lie relics spanning human history, from pagan stone circles to reminders of wartime tragedy. Join a Local Expert for a fascinating journey into its history.
Stay in Style
- Highland Hotels: Hotels in the Highlands area are mainly traditional and much simpler in style, typical of the region.
- Inverness: Originally the mansion of a prominent local family, today the Kingsmills Hotel is a luxury accommodation in the heart of the Highlands. Renovated with contemporary rooms, the hotel is well-known for it's impeccable hospitality.
- Thurso: Centrally located in the heart of Thurso, the Peatland Hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a warm welcome from staff.
- Isle of Skye: Boasting an incredible location by Broadford Bay, The Dunollie Hotel is set at the base of outstanding mountains.
- Ballachulish: Ballachulish Hotel offers spectacular views over the bay of Oban and the islands of the west coast of Scotland. This hotel is set in some outstanding scenery which can be used for picturesque walks.
- Ballachulish: The Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre is a modern hotel located at the foot of Glencoe on the side of a peninsula.
- Glasgow: Holiday Inn Glasgow - City Centre Theatreland is a 4-star hotel located in the heart of Glasgow, just a few minutes from the Royal Concert Hall. It offers bright, elegant rooms.
Top Rated Highlights
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert reveals why this is Scotland's City of Culture. Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit this town, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: See the River Ness, Inverness Castle and take in the scenery around you as you hear about the beauty and history behind Inverness.
- Highlands: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Centre, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- Loch Ness: Drive along the shores in search of the legendary monster.
- John O'Groats: Visit Britain’s most northerly, yet tiny, mainland village.
- Isle of Skye: See the dramatic Cuillin Hills and stay in pretty Broadford.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Glencoe: Your Travel Director will lead you on an orientation of this Highland village on Loch Leven.
- Loch Lomond: Enjoy time to explore the beautiful 'Queen of Scottish Lochs'.
- Glasgow: During your orientation with your Travel Director, drive past the civic buildings and St. Mungo’s Cathedral.
- Scenic Drives: Scottish countryside is some of the most majestic in the world. Admire the beauty of the Grampian Mountains, the North West Highlands, Skye, the Valley of Glencoe and Loch Lomond.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.