Landscapes of the Canadian Maritimes (Summer 2018)
About Halifax, Nova Scotia
Additional Included Highlights
- Prince Edward Island: Cross one of the longest bridges in the world, the 9-mile-long Confederation Bridge. Take a ferry across the Northumberland Strait from Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island and from New Brunswick to Nova Scotia.
- Halifax: Discover its highlights on a morning sightseeing tour; Visit the picturesque village of Peggy’s Cove
- Scenic Drives: The Cabot Trail.
Authentic Regional Flavours
- Halifax: Enjoy a special Highlight Dinner of local seafood at one of the city's best local restaurants, The Restaurant at Five Fishermen.
- Shediac Bay: Enjoy a fisherman's lobster feast and Highlight Lunch, as you cruise the waters of the bay, taking in the scenery and warm Acadian hospitality.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner par excellence, featuring Digby's famous scallops.
- Included Quality Dining: 11 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 Lunches (L) with wine (LW), 6 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Halifax: Wander the Citadel’s corridors with a Local Expert and learn about the fortress’ history and Halifax’s involvement in major wars.
- Truro: Discover Mi'kmaq heritage and Glooscap legend, gaze upon the giant statue of Glooscap, and meet aboriginal interpreters for a guided tour of the stunning displays.
- Baddeck: Go behind the scenes with an expert to unravel the stories behind one of history's most influential members at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site.
- Annapolis Royal With your Local Expert, a costumed interpreter, visit the scenic National Historic District and learn about the cultural heritage of Annapolis Royal.
- Halifax: At the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, your Local Expert will engage you in stories of key historical events, including the Halifax Explosion and the Titanic.
- Lunenburg: Join a Local Expert for an exploration of this eclectic port city and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Halifax: The Westin Nova Scotian offers luxury and Four Diamond service in the heart of Halifax.
- Baddeck: Waterfront resort facilities meet Cape Breton's warm hospitality at The Inverary Resort.
- Charlottetown: The Delta Prince Edward is Charlottetown’s only waterfront hotel, just steps away from charming shops and restaurants.
- Saint John: The Hilton Saint John offers a prime location on the harbourfront of New Brunswick's largest city.
- Digby: Overlooking the Bay of Fundy, Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is the perfect location for exciting activities, or the utmost in relaxation.
Top Rated Highlights
- Baddeck: Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt making demonstration at The Gaelic College.
- Cape Breton: Attend an evening of traditional local music and song at the Celtic Evening of Smiles.
- Cavendish: Explore the National Park and visit the Green Gables farm house that inspired the beloved children's classic, 'Anne of Green Gables'.
- Bay of Fundy: Embark on a whale watching cruise (weather permitting) to potentially spot rare species of whale and learn about these majestic sea mammals.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.