Highlights of the Italian Lakes First Look 2019
About Milan, Italy
- Bergamo Visit this fascinating historic city with two distinct centres. Enjoy a funicular ride with spectacular views
- Lake Como Enjoy the alpine peaks and sparkling waters of this scenic lake as well as an included cruise to Bellagio
- Lake Garda Visit Italy's largest lake and enjoy breathtaking scenery on an included scenic drive
- Lake Lugano Visit the Swiss city of Lugano located on the shores of this spectacular lake
- Lake Maggiore Visit Italy's second-largest lake and see the beautiful towns, villages and gardens
- Milan Enjoy a sightseeing tour in Milan with your Local Specialist including the Duomo, Galleria and La Scala
- Verona Orientation walk including views of Juliet's Balcony and the Roman Arena
You will visit the following 2 places:
Switzerland, officially the Swiss Confederation, is a federal republic in Europe. While still named the Swiss Confederation for historical reasons, modern Switzerland is a federal directorial republic consisting of 26 cantons, with Bern as the seat of the federal authorities, called '"federal city". Situated in Western-Central Europe, Switzerland is also a landlocked country geographically divided between the Alps, the Swiss Plateau and the Jura. Spanning the intersection of Germanic and Romance Europe, Switzerland comprises four main linguistic and cultural regions: German, French, Italian and Romansh. Although the majority of the population are German speaking, Swiss national identity is rooted in a common historical background, shared values such as federalism and direct democracy, and Alpine symbolism. One of the most developed countries in the world, Switzerland ranks at or near the top globally in several metrics of national performance, including government transparency, civil liberties, quality of life, economic competitiveness, and human development. Its cities contain medieval quarters, with landmarks like capital Bern’s Zytglogge clock tower and Lucerne’s wooden chapel bridge. The country is also known for its ski resorts and hiking trails.
Italy is a country in Southern Europe. It is home to the greatest number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the world. Much like its food, this country is an endless feast of experiences. It is famous worldwide for its delicious cuisine, its trendy fashion industry, luxury sports cars and motorcycles, diverse regional cultures and dialects, as well as for its beautiful coast, alpine lakes and mountain ranges (the Alps and Apennines). There is also the country’s enormous cultural legacy: Tuscany alone has more classified historical monuments than any country in the world; there are considerable remnants of the Roman Empire all over the country, notably in Rome itself; and every region retains its own relics of an artistic tradition generally acknowledged to be among the world’s richest.