Iberian Peninsula and Morocco (Winter) (Start Madrid, end Madrid)
About Madrid, Spain
- See the Gran Via, the Puerta del Sol & Plaza de Espana
- Guided tour of Royal Palace in Madrid
Pamplona to Barcelona
- See Gaudi's Sagrada Família & the 1992 Olympic Games complex
- Walk the Gothic Quarter & La Rambla district
Barcelona to Valencia
- See the medieval cathedral & bell tower in Valencia
- Alhambra entry & guided tour
Granada to Fez
- Scenic drive past Marbella and Malaga
- Guided local tour of the Medina of Fez
- See the Royal Palace, the Medina and the local markets
- Visit the Cooperative of handmade carpets
Fez to Marrakech
- Scenic drove through the Middle Atlas Mountains
- Guided local tour of the Marrakesh and visit the Bahia Palace
- See Koutoubia Mosque and bustling Jamaa el Fna Sqaure
Marrakech to Assilah
- See the Hassan Tower and Kings Palace in Rabat
- See the Kasbah and admire the panoramic view
- See the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca
- See the Cathedral, Alcazar & Plaza de Espana in Seville
- Locally guided tour of Lisbon
- See the Castelo deSao Jorge, the Praca do Comercio and Rossio & Praça da Figueira.
You will visit the following 3 places:
Spain – one of Europe’s most top travel destinations for its fantastic beaches, islands, UNESCO World Heritage sites, stunning and diverse countryside, buzzing nightlife, delicious cuisine and world-famous fiestas! The country is a friendly, multicultural society dedicated to building curious minds, positive attitudes and creative spirits. With great beaches, fun nightlife, many cultural regions and historic cities, Spain makes a great destination for any kind of trip.
Morocco, officially known as the Kingdom of Morocco, is a sovereign country located in the Maghreb region of North Africa. Geographically, Morocco is characterized by a rugged mountainous interior and large portions of desert. It has Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines. Ethnically speaking, Morocco is composed mainly of Arabs and Berbers or a mixture of the two. Sizeable numbers of Berbers live mainly in the country’s mountainous regions, long areas of refuge where they have preserved their language and culture. Some segments of the population are descendants of refugees from Spain and Portugal who fled from the Reconquista, the Christian reconquest of the Iberian Peninsula, that spanned until the 15th century.
Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain and the Atlantic Ocean. It has a rich, unique culture, lively cities and beautiful countryside. Its rolling interior is perfect for exploring on foot, by kayak, by bike or even on horseback – though a large part of the country’s charm comes from languorous days on the beach, dining on fabulously fresh seafood and kicking back with a beer to watch the sunset over the Atlantic. It is also a developed country with an advanced economy, a high living standard, being also the 11th most peaceful country in the world.